Monday 11 April 2011

Sunny sunday in Paris. Art and Ice Creams


Ice Cream hand carved rubber stamp set

Yesterday I've found a really sunny sunday here in Paris, the temperature was even too hot, the weather gave me the impression that it was a summer day. So, I took decision to walk around the town and, crossing the Canal Saint-Martin, I've found myself in the district of Belleville. I love this part of Paris, it remembers me the Pennac's books in which "authentic" parisians coexist with a rooted Chinese community and also with Maghrebi people in a overcrowding but convivial district. This kind of multiculturalism is also enhanced by a blooming of urban artistic performances, such as by graffiti, writers reunions, and paper patchworks on the walls: the photos below is what you could find walking around in Belleville...

Street art in Belleville, Paris Street art in Belleville, Paris
Street art in Belleville, Paris Street art in Belleville, Paris

The only thing that was lacking in this amazing melting pot was a good Italian ice cream, and I craved for it to such extend (due to the hot weather) that I started to carve a ice cream stamp set as soon as I was back at home... it's not a joke, I've really carved it! Here's the outcome, I hope you like it, I put it on my etsy.

Ice Cream hand carved rubber stamp set Ice Cream hand carved rubber stamp set



2 commenti:

Katie on 12 April 2011 at 08:23 said...

Wowza, These stamps are the cutest things ever!!! I just want to eat them up :)

Adele on 13 April 2011 at 16:22 said...

Love these stamps! Could just see them on my nephew's summery party invitations.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin